To roast peppers
on the grill, to use for a recipe you are currently making or to use in the future, follow the steps below.
- Place the whole peppers on the preheated to medium-high grill directly over the heat.
- Turn peppers often, cook for 10 to 12 minutes until peppers are well charred.
- When done, place in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap; allow peppers to stand for 15 to 20 minutes. The steam will loosen the skin.
- Remove the peppers from the bowl and peel off the skins. Cut in half lengthwise; remove the stems, ribs and seeds from the peppers.
- The peppers are ready to be eaten or they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To freeze, placed in an air-tight freezer bag and place in the freezer and store up to several months.