1. Preheat broiler. Coat 13" x 9" glass baking dish with olive oil spray. Set aside.
2. Lightly mist the eggplant with olive oil spray. Place on a medium non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder and salt.
3. Place baking sheet 6" under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until eggplant is tender. Remove from broiler. Set aside.
4. Reduce heat of oven to 350°F.
5. Meanwhile, lightly mist medium nonstick skillet with olive oil spray. Heat to medium. Add the mushrooms and garlic.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until there is no liquid remaining and mushrooms start to brown.
7. Place half of the eggplant in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
8. Top with half of the mushroom mixture, half of the marinara sauce, and half of the cheese.
9. Layer remaining eggplant, mushrooms, sauce, and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
10. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot and the cheese is bubbly.
11. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into 6 equal portions. Serve immediately.
1/2 Fat, 1 1/4 Meat, 2 Vegetable