For moist flavorful grilled chicken
follow the basics steps below.
- Brush grill grates and chicken with oil before placing it on the grill to help prevent chicken from sticking.
- Place the dark meat pieces of chicken, skin down, on the grill first because they require more cooking time. Grill 4 to 5 minutes before placing white meat on the grill.
- Place the cover on the grill during the cooking time.
- Cook for 5 or 6 more minutes, remove cover, and turn all the pieces; baste pieces with melted butter.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes longer or until done. Chicken is done when the white meat reaches 170° to 175°F and the dark meat reaches 180°F.