1. Begin with a pressed, lightly starched napkin.
2. Fold the napkin in half and rotate so the open edges are at the top.
3. Fold the bottom left corner to the top point.
4. Fold the bottom right corner to the top point.
5. Fold in the left edge to the center line.
6. Fold in the right edge to the center line.
7. Pick up the napkin and fold in half, with folds to the outside.
8. While holding the folded napkin, gently open and lay the napkin on a flat surface (folded edges faced down). The folds will fall flat, although you may need to adjust the middle fold for the napkin to appear even.