- Preheat oven to 400ÂºF.
- Brush both sides of each baguette slice with olive oil.
- Place the slices on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, turn, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until both sides are golden brown. Allow the slices to cool.
Optional: Garnish with parsley and/or olives
- Fill a small sauce pan with enough water to just cover the eggs. Bring to a full boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook the eggs for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, drain, and immediately cool the eggs with cold running water.
- Peel the eggs and finely chop.
- Add the mayonnaise, pickle relish, chopped onion, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the egg mixture onto each toast slice.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: small saucepan, medium bowl
|-||1 baguette, sliced in 1/2|
|-|| EGG SALAD:|
|-||4 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|-||2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish|
|-||2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped|
|-|| salt and freshly ground pepper to taste|
|-|| OPTIONAL GARNISH:|
|-|| parsley or your favorite edible greens|
|-|| sliced olives|