- In a blender, add the green pepper strips and onion. Process until liquified.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and salt. Puree until liquefied.
- In a large saucepan, add vegetable mixture. Bring it up to a boil for a few minutes, and then allow it to simmer. As the tomato sauce simmers, the excess water from the vegetables will start to rise to the top. Go ahead and take a spoon and skim off the excess water.
- Simmer until it reaches your desired consistency. Remove it from the heat and allow it cool.
- Once the sauce has cooled, you can either use it in a recipe, or it can be placed into a freezer container and be stored in the freezer for up to a year.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||1 green pepper - sliced|
|-||1/2 onion - quartered|
|-||4 tomatoes - skinned|
|-||2 cloves garlic |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |