- Place the short ribs into slow cooker and top with the chopped onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour this mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the ribs on the low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high hear for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the ribs from slow cooker and cover to keep warm while finishing the sauce.
- Skim the excess fat from the surface of the sauce; then return the ribs to the sauce. Stir gently until evenly coated and heat for a few more minutes prior to serving.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: 4- or 5-quart slow cooker
|-||4 pounds beef short ribs|
|-||1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped|
|-||1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|-||1/4 cup honey|
|-||2 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|-||1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite commercial brand|