- Prepare carrots by peeling and grating. Set the grated carrots aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar, eggs, water and vegetable oil together.
- Add the flour, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Blend just long enough to blend all ingredients.
- Stir the grated carrots in by hand until they are evenly distributed.
- Grease the inside of the crock from the 3 quart slow cooker. Pour in the batter and spread out evenly on the bottom of the crock.
- Place four or five paper towels over the top of the crock and cover. Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- The cake is done when firm in the middle. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center. If done, the toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove the crock from the slow cooker and place on a rack to cool before serving.
- Cut pieces and remove from the crock. Serve with whipped topping or top with cream cheese frosting.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 2.25 hours
Container: 3 quart slow cooker
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||1 cup sugar |
|-||2 eggs |
|-||1/4 cup water |
|-||1/3 cup vegetable oil |
|-||1 1/2 cups flour |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||1 teaspoon baking powder |
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1 teaspoon cinnamon |
|-||1 cup grated carrots - packed|
|-|| whipped topping or cream cheese frosting for serving|