- Allow the butter and cream cheese to soften and then blend together until creamy and smooth.
- Add the salt, vanilla, and peanut butter to the cream cheese mixture and beat well blended.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar until it is all added and mixed in evenly with the other ingredients. Cover and place this mixture in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Once the mixture has chilled, begin shaping the eggs. Use a rounded teaspoon of the peanut butter and cream cheese mixture, roll it around in the palm of your hand to make a ball and then roll back and forth to create the egg shape. Use your fingers to do any final shaping that is necessary. Place the egg on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Roll the eggs until all the mixture has been shaped. Cover lightly with wax paper and place back in the refrigerator for 2 hours before dipping in chocolate.
- While the eggs are chilling, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each so the chocolate does not overheat. When the chocolate is almost all melted, stir vegetable oil into it. Heat another 20 seconds and stir until all the vegetable oil is mixed in and the chocolate is silky smooth.
- Remove the eggs from the refrigerator and begin dipping in the chocolate. Place an egg in the chocolate, roll around until it is evenly coated and then lift out with a fork.
- Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove some of the chocolate. Then scrape the excess chocolate off the bottom of the fork by dragging it along the edge of the bowl.
- Use a toothpick to help slide the egg off the fork and on to the lined cookie sheet. Coat all of the eggs in this manner.
- Once all the eggs are coated, allow the chocolate to harden. To speed this process along, place the chocolate covered eggs in the refrigerator.
|Prep Time: 4 hours|
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||2 tablespoons butter |
|-||4 ounces cream cheese |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||3/4 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||3/4 cup peanut butter , creamy|
|-||2 cups powdered sugar |
|-||1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips |
|-||1 tablespoon vegetable oil |