- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add onion and cook over medium heat until the onion is softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in chiles and heat through.
- Add in cooked sausage and remove from heat.
- Combine eggs and water in a medium bowl.
- Beat with a whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet with the onions, chiles and sausage.
- Cook over medium heat allowing the edges to solidify. Then lift and flip the eggs so that the under side can cook. Cook until the eggs are soft set, approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- For each burrito, place 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top of an open tortilla.
- Heat for 45 seconds in the microwave.
- Top with 1/3 cup of the egg mixture and 1 tablespoons of salsa, if desired, or 2 tablespoons of chopped tomatoes.
- Top with another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling.
- Tuck in each end and roll up the tortilla.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: medium skillet, medium bowl
|-||1 tablespoon unsalted butter |
|-||1/4 cup onion - chopped|
|-||1/4 cup green chiles - drained and chopped|
|-||8 ounces ground sausage - cooked, crumbled and drained|
|-||6 eggs |
|-||2 tablespoons water|
|-||3 cups pepperjack cheese - shredded|
|-||6 tortillas - 8 inch|
|-|| Salsa - optional|
|-||1 tomato - chopped|