- Preheat grill to medium.
- Soak the bamboo skewers (if using) for 30 minutes in water.
- Skewer the fruit using 2 of each type per skewer, alternating between the different types of fruit.
- Combine the melted butter and honey. Brush the mixture onto the fruit; then place the skewers on the grill.
- After 2 minutes turn and brush the fruit again. Don't cook the fruit much more than 4 minutes, as the fruit will become too soft and fall off the skewer.
- Place 2 to 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream (homemade optional) in a serving bowl. Remove the fruit from 2 skewers, and place the fruit around the ice cream.
- Top with chocolate and caramel syrup. Sprinkle with nuts if desired, and top off with a maraschino cherry.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: 4 serving bowls, 4 bamboo or metal skewers, small mixing bowl
|-||4 bananas cut into 1 1/2|
|-||1 pint large strawberries, hulled, cut in half|
|-||1 can pineapple chunks, drained (28 oz. can)|
|-||3 tablespoons melted butter|
|-||2 teaspoons honey|
|-||1 pint homemade vanilla ice cream (use store-bought if you wish)|
|-|| chocolate syrup|
|-|| caramel syrup|
|-|| peanuts for garnish (optional)|
|-|| maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)|