- Combine lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil together.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of this mixture into a small bowl and add pepperoncini and set aside.
- Place remaining lemon mixture into a resealable bag and add chicken tenders. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, parsley, and garlic in a shallow dish; blend together.
- Remove chicken tenders from the marinade and place into the crumb mixture, coating well one at a time.
- Thread onto a bamboo or metal skewer. Two fit nicely onto one.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Grill skewers directly for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Place on a large serving platter and sprinkle with olive oil and basil; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs, cheese and a little more olive oil on top.
- Place under a low heat broiler for 5 minutes.
- Top with chicken skewers and sprinkle all with pepperoncini mixture. Garnish with parsley if desired.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large serving platter, bamboo or metal skewers
|-||1/2 cup lemon juice|
|-||1/2 lemon - zested|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||2 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini|
|-||1 package chicken tenders - approximately 1 pound|
|-||1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs - divided|
|-||1/2 cup parmesan cheese - grated, divided|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh parsley - chopped|
|-||2 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||16 ounces fettuccine|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh basil - chopped|
|-|| olive oil for pasta|