- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine the cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons of the nuts, and the melted margarine. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 pan or a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the condensed milk; then beat in the lime juice and the pudding mix until smooth.
- Stir in the pineapple and the remaining 1/2 cup of nuts.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into the prepared pan (with the crust bottom).
- Chill 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: 9x13 pan, mixing bowl
|-||50 vanilla wafers - crushed|
|-||1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons pistachios or pecans or combination of both - chopped|
|-||1/4 cup butter or margarine - melted|
|-||1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese|
|-||1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk|
|-||1/4 cup lime juice|
|-||1 small package instant pistachio pudding and pie mix|
|-||1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple - undrained|
|-||1/2 small container of whipped topping or 1 cup whipped cream|