Note: If you do not have tahini, smooth peanut butter can be substituted.
- Place first three ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the tahini, water, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper to the bean mixture and pulse until smooth.
- Refrigerate to marinate the flavors. It can be held in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Before serving, bring to room temperature, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with paprika and freshly minced parsley.
- Serve with fresh vegetables, pita wedges, or crackers.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Container: small serving bowl
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
|-||15 ounces garbanzo beans (chick peas)|
|-||4 tablespoons lemon juice|
|-||2 cloves garlic|
|-||2 tablespoons tahini (or smooth peanut butter)|
|-||2 tablespoons hot water|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/8 teaspoon cumin|
|-||1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||1/8 teaspoon paprika|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced|