- Add the egg yolks, milk, sugar, corn starch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk mixture just enough to combine ingredients thoroughly. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil or until thick. Stir constantly to prevent it from burning on the bottom.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla until well blended.
- Add the sliced bananas and stir until evenly distributed.
- In medium/large round glass dish, place a layer of vanilla wafers.
- Pour the pudding over the wafers and smooth out evenly.
- Garnish top with additional vanilla wafers.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
|-||3 egg yolks|
|-||2 cups milk|
|-||2/3 cup sugar|
|-||1/4 teaspoon cornstarch|
|-||1 pinch salt|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1 1/2 bananas - ripe but not too ripe, sliced|
|-||1 box vanilla wafers|