- Line pie plate with foil and grease with butter.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; add cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
- Gradually blend in sugar and vanilla.
- Crumble crackers and add to pecans. Gently fold into egg white mixture.
- Pour into foil-lined pie plate. Bake 30 minutes at 325 degrees. Let cool completely.
- Beat whipped cream gradually adding pineapple preserves until set. Spread on pie. Sprinkle with coconut.
|Cook Time: 30 minutes|
|-||3 egg whites |
|-||1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar|
|-||1 cup sugar |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||16 soda crackers, crumbled|
|-||1 cup chopped pecans |
|-||1/2 pint whipped cream|
|-||2 tablespoons pineapple preserves|
|-||1/4 cup coconut for garnish|