- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, combine egg white, buttermilk, sour cream, lemon peel, and cranberries.
- Combine flour mixture and egg mixture, stirring just until mixed.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.
|Cook Time: 20 minutes|
|-||1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour|
|-||3/4 cup cornmeal |
|-||1/3 cup granulated sugar|
|-||2 teaspoons baking powder |
|-||1 egg white, beaten|
|-||3/4 cup buttermilk |
|-||1/4 cup low-fat sour cream|
|-||1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|-||1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped|