- Preheat oven to 325ºF
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until brown. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the onion, pepper, and celery in hot butter until tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes and corn bread. Add the sausage, onion mixture, cranberries, poultry seasoning, pepper, and pine nuts.
- Drizzle the mixture with enough broth to moisten (up to 1 1/2 cups). Toss lightly to combine.
- Place the stuffing in a 2-quart casserole and bake at 325ºF, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||12 ounces Premio mild Italian sausage, cut into small pieces|
|-||3/4 cup red onion - finely chopped|
|-||1/2 cup orange pepper - chopped|
|-||1/2 cup celery - chopped|
|-||2/3 cup dried cranberries|
|-||1/2 cup butter |
|-||5 cups dry white bread cubes|
|-||4 cups crumbled corn bread|
|-||1 teaspoon poultry seasoning |
|-||1/8 teaspoon white pepper|
|-||3/4 cup toasted pine nuts|
|-||1 1/2 cups vegetable broth |