- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place the pie crust into the pie pans and form to the sides and bottom of the pan. Crimp the edges of the pie crust.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Brush pie shells with beaten egg white. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and chopped asparagus into pie shells.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over bacon and asparagus. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firm, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: 2 9-inch pie pans
|-||1 pound asparagus |
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil |
|-|| salt and pepper |
|-||12 slices bacon |
|-||2 9-inch pie crust - refrigerated or frozen pie crust can be used|
|-||6 eggs |
|-||2 cups half-n-half |
|-||1/2 teaspoon nutmeg |
|-||2 1/2 cups Swiss cheese - shredded|