Note: Try precooking the bacon a little before wrapping around the water chestnuts. This will help the bacon get done faster without overcooking the water chestnuts.
- Wrap a half strip of bacon around a water chestnut and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in a glass baking dish; bake for 30 minutes at 350° F or until browned.
- Combine the ketchup and sugar; heat to a boil.
- After the water chestnuts have baked for 30 minutes, pour the sweet ketchup sauce over the bacon wrapped water chestnuts.
- Place the water chestnuts back in the oven and bake for an additional 5 or 10 minutes.
- Eat while hot. They can be kept warm in a slow cooker set on warm or low.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 9 x 13 glass baking dish
|-||1 pound bacon, strips cut in half|
|-||2 cans whole water chestnuts, drained|
|-||1/3 cup ketchup|
|-||1/2 cup sugar|