- Prepare the macaroni according to the package directions.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, melt the margarine over medium heat; then add the green pepper and celery and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper; blend well.
- Gradually stir in the milk. Stir constantly until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Gently stir in the chicken and the cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the macaroni. Reheat, stirring occasionally.
|Cook Time: 20 minutes|
Container: 3-quart saucepan
|-||8 ounces elbow macaroni|
|-||3 tablespoons margarine|
|-||1 small green pepper, chopped|
|-||1 celery stalk, thinly sliced|
|-||3 tablespoons flour|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||2 cups milk|
|-||1 can chunk chicken, large can|
|-||2 cups shredded cheddar cheese|