- Drain the juice off the cherries and set aside to use later.
- Cut the cherries in half and take 9 or 10 of the halves and put in a small bowl. These will be used to garnish the top of the salad when it is done. Place the remaining cherries in a separate bowl and set them aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add the reserved cherry juice and beat until the mixture is smooth again.
- Then fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in the whipped cream until it is evenly mixed. Do not over stir.
- Add the cherries (all but the 9 or 10 set aside for the top,) bananas, pineapple, and marshmallows; stir until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour into a serving bowl and place the reserved cherry halves on top of the salad. Chill for completely before serving.
|Cook Time: 1 hour|
|-||1 10 oz. jar of Maraschino cherries, reserve the juice|
|-||8 ounces cream cheese |
|-||1/2 cup powdered sugar |
|-||2 cups whipped topping |
|-||5 bananas - ripe but not overripe, skins should be a nice yellow|
|-||1 can pineapple tidbits - 20 oz. can, well drained|
|-||3 cups miniature marshmallows - white or pastel colored|