- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Stray the bottom of a 9 inch bread pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together on medium speed with a mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time making sure that each is completely incorporated before adding the next.
- Mix in the cream cheese until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Take 1/4 cup of the flour mixture and mix in with the raisins to completely coat them.
- Add a small amount of the flour mixture into the batter and alternate with the buttermilk until both are incorporated.
- Mix the raisins into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the sprayed bread pan and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, combine the lemon juice with the powdered sugar to make a glaze.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Then remove the cake from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cake is still warm, glaze the top with the lemon juice glaze and allow it to cool.
- Wrap cake in foil and store for up to three days at room temperature.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1.5 hours
Container: 9-inch bread pan
|-||3/4 cup butter - at room temperature|
|-||1 cup sugar |
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla |
|-||2 eggs - at room temperature|
|-||3 ounces cream cheese - at room temperature|
|-||1 3/4 cups cake flour |
|-||1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 cup raisins |
|-||2/3 cup buttermilk |
|-||1/2 cup powdered sugar |
|-||2 teaspoons lemon juice - fresh|