- Peel the sweet potatoes and then cut into 1/4" slices. The sweet potatoes darken quickly so you want to slice them just before using. Placing them in a bowl of cold water will help stop the darkening.
- Melt the margarine in the bottom of a skillet over medium heat. Add the slice sweet potatoes.
- Cook until browned on one side. Turn and then cover and cook for 5 minutes, turning the heat down to low.
- Turn the potatoes and brown the other side over medium heat. Cover, turn heat on low, and cook for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Do not overcook or the potatoes will become so soft.
- Sprinkle with salt, add the pineapple and maple syrup to the sweet potatoes. Cook over medium heat until everything is heated thoroughly.
- Serve immediately
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
|-||4 sweet potatoes - approx. 2 lbs.|
|-||4 tablespoons margarine |
|-||1/8 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 can crushed pineapple - 8 oz.|
|-||2 tablespoons maple syrup |