- Dressing: Whisk eggs in small saucepan. Whisk in vinegar and 2 tablespoons water.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat. Boil for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour into medium bowl, whisk in mayonnaise, mustard and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and cool. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- In large serving bowl, layer potatoes, celery, red onion, eggs, layer of dressing, green onions and sunflower seeds(or pumpkin seeds).
- Chill until serving time.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large serving bowl
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||2 eggs |
|-||1/2 cup sugar |
|-||1/4 cup white wine vinegar |
|-||1 cup mayonnaise |
|-||1 tablespoon yellow mustard|
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-|| SALAD INGREDIENTS:|
|-||2 pounds red skinned potatoes - or white, peeled, cut in half|
|-||2 cups celery - thinly sliced|
|-||1/2 red onion - thinly sliced|
|-||5 hard cooked eggs, cut into wedges|
|-||1/4 cup green onions - sliced|
|-||2 tablespoons sunflower seeds or roasted pumpkin seeds|