- Combine onions, broth, honey and thyme in large skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until broth is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Stir in vinegar, simmer 10 more minutes.
- Add a little water if jam becomes dry. Onions will be a little crunchy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- *Can be made 1 day in advance. Store in refrigerator.
- Warm just before serving.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Lay beef fillet directly on grill.
- Grill approximately 7 minutes each side for medium rare, longer for more doneness.
- Remove from grill and slice thinly.
- Stir together in small bowl: sour cream, horseradish, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- *Can be prepared 1 day in advance.
- Warm tortillas in microwave on high for 20 seconds or place in tinfoil and heat in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Divide sliced meat among warm tortillas.
- Top with warm onion jam and a spoonful of horseradish cream.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: grill, large skillet, small bowl
Serving Size: 1
|-|| ONION JAM|
|-||2 red onions |
|-||2 cups beef stock |
|-||2 tablespoons honey |
|-||1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme - chopped, or regular thyme|
|-||2 tablespoons red wine vinegar |
|-||package beef fillet (any cut)|
|-|| HORSERADISH CREAM|
|-||4 teaspoons horseradish - prepared|
|-||8 ounces sour cream - light or regular|
|-||1/4 cup white wine vinegar |
|-||10 flour tortillas - white or wheat, 7-9|