- Toss together shrimp, salt and red pepper flakes in medium bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté for about 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, and just cooked through.
- Transfer to plate or bowl, set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil if needed. Sauté onion about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice, wine, garlic and thyme. Reduce heat to medium low and allow sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes. It will reduce and thicken slightly.
- Return shrimp to skillet, with any accumulated juice, into the tomato mixture. Stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Stir in basil. Season with more salt and pepper in needed.
- Serve hot. Very good with lemon pasta recipe and crusty bread.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: skillet, medium bowl
Serving Size: cup
|-||1 pound shrimp - med.-large - peeled & deveined|
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more to taste|
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||1/2 red onion - diced|
|-||14 1/2 ounces can Italian diced tomatoes|
|-||1/2 cup white wine - dry|
|-||2 cloves garlic - chopped|
|-||2 teaspoons lemon thyme - chopped|
|-||4 tablespoons fresh basil - chopped|
|-|| fresh parsley - for garnish (optional)|