- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly spray baking dish with Pam cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix together egg, flour, cottage cheese, rice, pepper, lemon thyme, and 2 tablespoons cheese. Set aside.
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat in skillet.
- Add onion and saute until lightly browned (about 10 minutes). Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add broccoli and mushrooms and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cottage cheese mixture and blend well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of parmesan cheese (2 tablespoons) plus seeds on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Serve hot.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: 9x13 or 9x9 square baking dish, large mixing bowl, medium skillet with cover
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||1 egg |
|-||1 tablespoon flour |
|-||2 cups cottage cheese - fat free|
|-||3 cups brown rice - cooked|
|-|| ground black pepper to taste|
|-||1 tablespoon lemon thyme - fresh, minced|
|-||4 tablespoons parmesan cheese or Asiago cheese, grated|
|-||1 tablespoon unsalted butter |
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil |
|-||1 onion - chopped|
|-||3 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||1 package frozen broccoli (10 oz) - thawed, drained|
|-||1 can mushrooms (8 oz) - sliced|
|-||2 tablespoons sunflower seeds or pumkins seeds, toasted|
|-||1/2 lemon - juiced|