- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut top 1/3 of pepper off, seed body of pepper, being careful to keep it intact.
- Heat skillet to medium.
- SautÃ© ground beef, pork sausage, onion, garlic, 1 tsp of bouillon granules and garlic powder. SautÃ© until meat is cooked through. Drain off fat.
- Return meat mixture to pan. Add rice, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, green onions and teryaki sauce. Mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix hot water with the other 1 tsp. of bouillon granules. Pour this in bottom of baking dish.
- Fill prepared peppers with meat mixture.
- Place in baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Spoon some of the juices over peppers. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place back in oven for 10 minutes or until tops are golden.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: large skillet, 9x13 baking dish
Serving Size: 1 each
|-||4 each bell peppers - large (any combination of red, green, or yellow)|
|-||3/4 pound ground beef |
|-||1/2 pound ground sausage |
|-||1 onion - medium, chopped|
|-||2 garlic cloves, minced|
|-||2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules|
|-||1 teaspoon garlic powder |
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 cup rice - cooked|
|-||1/2 cup Mexican cheese (or any combination of Colby Jack, Monterey Jack and Cojita cheese)|
|-||1/2 cup sour cream |
|-||1 tomato - large, diced|
|-||5 green onions - chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce |
|-||1 cup water - hot|
|-||1/2 cup Mexican cheese - for topping|