- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In mixing bowl, combine chicken and lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- In skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot. Saute bell peppers until crisp-tender; approximately 3 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoons oil in the skillet and cook garlic, cumin, and oregano; stir approximately 1 minute.
- Sir in beans and cook until heated through; season with salt and pepper.
- Layer tortilla chips on the bottom of the baking dish, then sauteed peppers, beans, chicken, and cheese; all in that order. Repeat, starting with a layer of tortilla chips.
- Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- While the nachos are baking, mix the sour cream and pickled jalapenos in a small dish. Serve as a sauce for the nachos. Add more jalapenos to reach desired heat.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: skillet, 3 quart baking dish
|-||1 1/2 cups cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast - chopped into small pieces|
|-||3 tablespoons lime juice |
|-|| Salt and pepper|
|-||2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|-||1 red bell pepper|
|-||1 yellow bell pepper|
|-||1 clove garlic, finely chopped|
|-||1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|-||1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|-||3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained|
|-|| Tortilla chips|
|-||2 cups 3 pepper cheese, or jalapeno cheese|
|-||8 ounces sour cream|
|-||4 teaspoons pickled jalapeno, finely chopped|