- In a medium skillet, heat the butter and oil on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the mini hot dogs or smokies.
- Stir to combine and heat through.
- Add the barbeque sauce and cherry jelly.
- Stir occasionally until the jelly is blended and heated through.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and lay them out onto a cutting board. Cut down the center of each triangle to form two triangles.
- Starting at the wide end of each crescent, place a small slice of cheese, one smokie and a teaspoon of sauce.
- Roll the mini hot dog or smokie up to the point of the crescent.
- Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with a non stick cooking spray.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for appoximately 10 minutes or until the crescent is puffed and nicely browned.
- Serve warm.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: large baking sheet, skillet
|-||1 tablespoon unsalted butter |
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil |
|-||1/3 cup onion - chopped fine|
|-||1 package Little Smokies - cheddar cheese flavor|
|-||4 tablespoons barbecue sauce - your favorite variety|
|-||2 tablespoons cherry jelly |
|-||2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls |
|-||36 slices Cheddar cheese - sharp, thin sliced about 1/2 inch long|