- Place the ham in a shallow baking dish (9- x 13-inch works well).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture over the ham and marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and place directly on the grill.
- Grill each side until nicely borwned or until grill marks appear (5-10 minutes on each side).
- Meanwhile, pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil; then reduce the heat and simmer 15-20 minutes, allowing the sauce to cook down and thicken slightly.
- Serve the sauce on the side with the ham steaks.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: 9 -x 13-inch baking dish, medium mixing bowl, medium saucepan
|-||1 pound ham steak - sliced thick|
|-||1 cup chicken broth |
|-||1/4 cup orange marmalade |
|-||1/4 cup honey |
|-||1 onion - chopped|
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||1 tablespoon soy sauce |
|-||1 tablespoon ginger - powdered|
|-||1 orange - zested and juiced|