- In a large bowl, toss together the croutons, cheese, bacon or ham and tomatoes.
- Pour into a greased baking dish or individual dishes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, mustard, onion powder and pepper.
- Pour mixture over croutons in the baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° F oven for approximately 1 hour if using a large baking dish or 15 minutes for individual baking dishes, or until the egg is set around the top and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Note: You may also add 2 cups of frozen broccoli, thawed and drained to the crouton mixture. You will need to add 5-10 minutes more baking time.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: round or square 2 quart casserole dish or 6 individual 5 inch round baking dishes, mixing bowl, medium bowl
|-||2 cups seasoned croutons - boxed or homemade|
|-||2 cups Cheddar cheese - shredded|
|-||4 slices bacon - cooked crisp and crumbled or 1 1/2 cups ham - diced|
|-||1 medium tomato, diced|
|-||2 cups milk |
|-||3 eggs - beaten|
|-||1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard|
|-||1/8 teaspoon onion powder|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|