- In a saucepan on the stovetop, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken; stir to combine.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3 (approximately 20-30 minutes). The sauce will thicken somewhat.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat 8-10 minutes; then turn and grill another 5 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the center.
- Brush each side with barbecue sauce near the end of the cooking time. Watch closely so the sauce will not burn on the chicken.
- Serve extra sauce on the side. (This sauce is also good on steak.)
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: grill, small saucepan
|-||1 cup balsamic vinegar |
|-||3/4 cup chili sauce |
|-||1/4 cup ketchup |
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar |
|-||1 garlic clove, chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce |
|-||1 tablespoon Dijon mustard |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 teaspoon pepper |
|-||3 pounds chicken thighs, legs, breasts, separated or any combination|