- Combine cake mix, pumpkin, soda, eggs, water and applesauce.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread into 2 ungreased round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes and then turn them out on racks to cool completely.
- When cool, spread cream cheese frosting on top of the first cake.
- Then place the second cake on top of the frosted first cake and frost the top of the second cake.
- You can frost the sides of the cake as well, if desired.
- Cream together the butter, crean cheese and vanilla.
- Graduall add pawdered sugar.
- If the mixture is too thick, thin it out with a little milk.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: 2 8' round cake pans, mixer
|-||1 package gingerbread cake mix|
|-||1 pound canned pumpkin|
|-||2 teaspoons baking soda|
|-||1/2 cup applesauce|
|-||1/3 cup water|
|-||1/2 cup butter - softened|
|-||8 ounces cream cheese - softened|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1 pound powdered sugar|
|-|| milk to thin frosting|