|CREOLE SHRIMP KEBABS:
- If using wooden skewers, soak for 30 minutes in water.
- Place the shrimp in a medium mixing bowl; then in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the Old Bay Seasoning, olive oil, and garlic powder.
- Pour over the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Alternate the shrimp and tomatoes onto the skewers.
- Place directly onto a grill heated to medium heat and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side until the shrimp is pink and nicely grilled.
- Serve warm with tomato rice.
- Saute the rice in oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and sautÃ© for 2 minutes more.
- Add the chicken stock or bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Container: 4 skewers, grill, medium mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, saucepan
|-|| CREOLE SHRIMP:|
|-||1 pound medium to large shrimp - peeled|
|-||1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning|
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil|
|-|| salt and pepper (to taste)|
|-||1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|-||1 pint grape tomatoes|
|-|| TOMATO RICE:|
|-||1 cup basmati rice|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|-||2 cups chicken stock or bouillon|
|-||1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil - chopped|