- Combine 1/4 cup water, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, ginger and vinegar in saucepan.
- Blend cornstarch with 2 Tablespoons water and whisk into dressing mixture. Simmer until thickened; 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut wonton wrappers in 1/4" strips and fry in oil until golden brown; 2-3 minutes. Stir gently as they cook. Drain on paper towel.
- Marinate chicken in favorite ginger/sesame marinade for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on grill, cook until no longer pink in the center; approximately 10 minutes each side, depending on thickness of breast.
- Remove, cool slightly, dice into bite size pieces.
- In large salad bowl, place greens, chicken, celery, green onions, sesame seeds and slivered almonds; mix lightly.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle fried wonton strips on top. Serve immediately.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 2 cups
|-||1/4 cup water|
|-||3 tablespoons sugar|
|-||3 tablespoons ketchup|
|-||1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|-||1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger|
|-||1/2 cup rice vinegar|
|-||1 teaspoon cornstarch|
|-||2 tablespoons water|
|-||1/2 package wonton wrappers|
|-||4 whole, boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|-||1 package fresh spinach leaves, rinsed, patted dry|
|-||1 small head iceberg lettuce|
|-||2 stalks celery|
|-||4 green onions|
|-||1/4 cup red pepper, diced|
|-||2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds|
|-||4 tablespoons sliced, toasted almonds|