- In a small bowl, combine tamarind sauce , dried red pepper flakes, chicken stock, green onion, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the tuna steaks into 1-inch cubes.
- Put the cubes of tuna into a marinating dish and pour the sauce over the tuna.
- Marinate for only a half hour. Reserve the marinade.
- Skewer the tuna cubes alternating with the tomatoes.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Place the kebabs on the grill and grill each side for approximately 2 minutes so the tuna cubes stay pink in the middle. Grill longer if you prefer your tuna well done.
- Meanwhile, put the reserve marinade in a small saucepan, and simmer for 10 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Serve as a dipping sauce with the kebabs.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: 2 small bowls, grill, skewers, and a saucepan
|-||3 tablespoons tamarind sauce|
|-||1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes|
|-||1/2 cup chicken stock|
|-||1 green onion - chopped, white and green portions|
|-||2 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh ginger - minced|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||4 tuna steaks, approximately 1 inch thick|
|-|| cherry tomatoes|