- Heat oven to 350Â°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar.
- Cut in margarine until the mixture is crumbly using a pastry blender or fork.
- Press flour mixture into an ungreased 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the same bowl, beat eggs and sugar with a wire whisk until light colored.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over the partially baked crust. The crust does not have to be cooled.
- Return to the oven and bake another 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and more grated lemon peel if desired.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
|-||1 cup all purpose flour|
|-||1/4 cup powdered sugar|
|-||1/2 cup margarine or butter|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||2 tablespoons flour|
|-||1 tablespoon grated lemon peel|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon|