- Choosing a pork sausage such as bauerwurst or blutwurst, this soup becomes similar to a pork and beans casserole with a lighter, soupy texture. Any traditional pork weiner or sausage may be used.
- Select any brand of lentil soup and a stick sausage.
- Empty contents of canned soup into a container for heating, either in microwave or on stovetop.
- Heat soup until ready to serve.
- Using a sharp knife, cut sausage into medium thin slices.
- Add sausage slices to soup.
- Season soup with any spices or seasonings desired, such as herbs, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: soup bowl
Serving Size: 9 ounces
|-||18 ounces lentil soup, ready to serve|
|-|| sausage such as a blutwurst|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|