- Mix the white sugar, nuts, cinnamon, and melted margarine together.
- Set mixture aside to use later.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 13" x 2" cake pan. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the shortening, margarine, brown sugar, and egg together with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the soda, salt, 1/2 the flour and 1/2 the sour cream. Mix until blended and then add the remaining flour and sour cream. Mix again until well blended
- Add the rhubarb and stir until well distributed.
- Pour batter into the cake pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of the cake.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||1/2 cup white sugar|
|-||1/3 cup chopped pecans|
|-||1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|-||1 tablespoon margarine, melted|
|-||1/4 cup shortening|
|-||1/4 cup margarine|
|-||1 1/2 cups brown sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||1 cup sour cream, regular or light|
|-||1 1/2 cups diced rhubarb|