- Preheat oven to 350° or grill with medium low fire.
- Oil pieces of aluminum foil large enough to place salmon fillet on and fold up the sides to create a pouch.
- Place salmon on foil, skin side down.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over top of fillets.
- Arrange lemon slices, onion slices, bay leaf and peppercorns on and around the fish, even underneath if you like.
- Drizzle with cream.
- Bring long edges of foil up and over the top of the fish along with the sides, roll or fold down, leaving space for steam to escape at the top.
- Make sure the ends are sealed so juices don't leak.
- Place directly on oven rack or grill.
- Bake or grill salmon until it flakes with a fork (40-45 minutes) or longer if fillets are thicker.
- To serve, remove bay leaf and garnish with lemon quarters and chopped parsley.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: aluminum foil
|-||1/4 cup olive oil|
|-||6 salmon fillets - or one side of whole salmon|
|-||2 lemons, sliced, plus 1 lemon quartered for garnish|
|-||1 medium onion - sliced|
|-||6 bay leaves - one for each fillet|
|-||36 peppercorns - 6 for each fillet|
|-||3/4 cup half and half|
|-|| fresh parsley - chopped for garnish|