- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, melted butter, cream cheese, eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Whisk lightly with a whisk or fork.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight if possible or at least 2 hours.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a large pot of boiling, salted water. Add noodles and cook until al denté.
- Drain and toss with the 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Generously grease or butter the cups of a 12 cup popover pan or muffin tin. Set aside.
- After refrigeration, fold the egg noodles into the cold egg mixture and combine well.
- Add cheese and mix to combine.
- Fill cups with noodle mixture.
- Bake until golden brown (40-45 minutes).
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: medium bowl, large bowl, popover pan or muffin tin
|-||8 ounces sour cream|
|-||1/4 cup butter - melted plus 1 tablespoon for noodles|
|-||1 1/2 ounces cream cheese - softened|
|-||2 large eggs|
|-||1 teaspoon sugar|
|-||1/2 teaspoon lemon juice|
|-||8 ounces wide egg noodles|
|-||1/2 cup guyere or swiss cheese - shredded|
|-|| parmesan cheese to garnish|