- Melt butter in a heavy pan.
- Add brown sugar, syrup and milk.
- Stir constantly over medium heat to make sure that it doesn't scorch.
- Bring to a full boil. Boil for 15 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan.
- Meanwhile, place groups of 4 pecans together on 3 buttered cookie sheets.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of caramel onto each group of pecans.
- Melt candy bars, one at a time, in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
- Spoon swirls of chocolate onto each turtle.
- Allow to cool completely and enjoy.
|Serving Size: 1 piece|
|-||1 cup butter|
|-||2 cups brown sugar|
|-||1 cup white syrup|
|-||14 ounces sweet condensed milk|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||24 ounces pecan halves|
|-||5 regular sized plain chocolate bars|