- Combine the shortening, vanilla and almond extract in a mixing bowl and beat for 30 seconds on medium speed.
- Pour in half of the powdered sugar and stir into shortening mixture until slightly moistened. After stirring, beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk to the blended mixture and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and stir slightly to moisten. Beat with the mixer until well blended.
- Mix in half of the remaining milk and blend. If frosting is not at a spreadable consistency, add the remaining milk and blend again. If the frosting is still not at the desired consistency, add more milk, adding a teaspoon at a time and blending with mixer after each addition. Be sure the frosting is not too stiff so that it will spread easily.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 0 minutes
|-||1 cup shortening|
|-||1 teaspoon clear vanilla|
|-||1 teaspoon allmond extract|
|-||4 1/2 cups powdered sugar|
|-||3 tablespoons milk|
|-|| food Coloring|