- Preheat oven to 475°.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onions, salt, pepper, herbs de Provence and sugar.
- Stir to combine, continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the onions are carmelized and dark golden brown. (Approximately 1 1/2 hours)
- When they are done you may want to chop the onions into smaller pieces after they cool.
- Roll out pizza dough into 1/4 inch thick round on a floured surface.
- Using a cookie cutter or glass, cut out 18-20 circles.
- Arrange the circles on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place a small spoonful of onion mixture on top then a small amount of goat cheese. (Approximately 1/2 teaspoon)
- Bake 10 minutes or until the crust is done and the topping is bubbly.
- While still hot, top each with a small piece or chopped prosciutto.
- Serve immediately.
|Prep Time: 1.5 hours|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: baking sheet, large skillet, 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||1 onion large and sweet, sliced in very thin rings (approximately 4 cups)|
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-|| pepper to taste|
|-||2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence |
|-||1 teaspoon sugar |
|-||1 package Jiffy Pizza Dough mix|
|-||3 ounces goat cheese (approximately 1/2 cup)|
|-||3 ounces prosciutto cut into 1x1 pieces (approximately 5 slices)|
|-|| parsley or rosemary to garnish if desired|