- Mix crushed graham cracker and one stick melted butter with a fork.
- Line the bottom and sides of the baking pan with this mixture.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Beat eggs*, 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup of whipped topping and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Spread mixture on cooled crust.
- Top with crushed pineapple and a layer of sliced bananas (2-3 bananas).
- Cover with remaining whipped topping.
- Garnish with nuts, bananas, or sprinkled with crushed graham crackers.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
*NOTE: When a recipe requires "raw" eggs as an ingredient, there is always a concern that potentially harmful bacteria may have invaded the egg which may cause illness in humans. Although the probability is low (1 in 20,000 eggs), the concern does exist; therefore, if you are concerned about using raw eggs, consider an egg substitute, such as pasteurized whole eggs, egg white substitutes, or meringue powder, to reduce the potential of bacterial contamination.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
|-||4 cups graham crackers, crushed|
|-||3 sticks butter or margarine at room temperature|
|-||2 eggs, or egg substitutes*|
|-||16 ounces powdered sugar|
|-||20 ounces canned crushed pineapple, drained|
|-||3 bananas, sliced - more for garnish if desired|
|-||16 ounces whipped topping|