- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine buttermilk and oil in a small bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixture and stir until dough forms a ball.
- Knead on a floured surface for appoximately 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and shape each into a 12 inch square.
- Cut into 2 inch squares.
- Sprinkle with additinal salt or cayenne pepper if you like.
- Bake on a lightly oiled baking sheet for 15 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from the baking sheet.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in a covered container.
- Freezes well.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||1/2 cup buttermilk|
|-||3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|-||1 cup organic blue corn meal|
|-||1/2 cup flour|
|-||1 tablespoon corn starch|
|-||3/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper - more to taste|
|-||1/2 teaspoon chili powder - more to taste|
|-||1 teaspoon garlic powder|