- Place the poblano chiles in a small bowl and cover them with boiling water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place chiles in a colander to drain.
- When cool enough to handle, cut the stems off and remove any seeds.
- Put in blender.
- Add lime and orange juices, garlic, onion and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Save 3/4 to 1 cup of this sauce and put it in the refrigerator.
- Rub turkey with remaining sauce, place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Allow this to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- If grilling, preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill, covered, until a thermometer reaches 165° (1-1 1/2 hours) or roast in an oven covered at 400° for 1 hour and 20 minutes. These times are approximate depending on size of turkey.
- Transfer to a cutting board, let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with sauce on the side.
|Cook Time: 15 minutes|
|-||3 pounds turkey breast or 1 bone in turkey breast (4-6 pounds)|
|-||1 package of 5 dried poblano chiles - found in the mexican section of your local grocery store.|
|-||3 tablespoons lime juice - fresh or purchased|
|-||3 tablespoons orange juice|
|-||5 cloves garlic|
|-||1 small white onion, diced|
|-||1 teaspoon coarse salt|