- Cook the ground beef, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir until beef is cooked through and crumbly.
- Stir in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce; cool.
- Unfold 1 piecrust and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spread mustard evenly over crust.
- Stir 2 cups of cheese into meat mixture and spoon onto the center of the crust, leaving a 2 inch border around the edge.
- Unfold the remaining piecrust and cut a jack-o-lantern face into it.
- Place the cut out crust on top of the meat mixture.
- Crimp all edges of the crust to seal.
- Using cut out pieces of crust, create a "stem" for the top of the pumpkin.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of water, egg, and 1 drop of red and yellow food coloring; brush over the entire crust.
- Bake at 425° F for 20 minutes, remove from oven, and brush again with the egg mixture.
- Fill eyes, nose, and mouth with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 5-10 more minutes or until golden brown.
|Prep Time: 35 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
|-||1 pound ground beef|
|-||1 medium onion, chopped|
|-||2 cloves garlic, pressed|
|-||3/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|-||1/4 cup ketchup|
|-||1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce |
|-||1 package (15 ounce) refrigerated pie crust|
|-||1 tablespoon mustard|
|-||3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, or cheese of choice|
|-||2 tablespoons water|
|-||1 large egg|
|-|| red and yellow liquid food coloring|